The benefits of solar batteries
A solar storage battery can help you get more out of your existing solar energy system, or it can be part of a new Solar PV installation. A solar battery captures heat or electricity when it’s available from the sun, and saves it until you want to use it, potentially lowering your electricity bill by as much as 20-35%∗
InstaGroup is at the forefront of solar energy storage technology, and can install two types of solar batteries, Lithium-ion and Lead-acid. We can take you through the benefits of each type, as they offer different levels of energy efficiency and life span. But the good news is neither will impact the payments you could earn through the government’s Feed-In Tariff scheme.
Find out how solar batteries can increase the opportunity to use cheaper, solar generated electricity as you need it.
- Solar batteries can be retro-fitted to an existing renewable energy system or included as part of a new solar energy installation. Batteries used by InstaGroup are compatible with all solar panel systems and can be added quite easily.
- They allow you to take full advantage of cheaper, solar generated electricity, storing energy for you to use at night or whenever you wish.
- InstaGroup is accredited to install two different types of solar storage batteries, Lithium-ion and Lead-acid.
- The solar batteries we install do not affect payments from the government’s Feed-in Tariff scheme.
- Solar batteries have an option to provide emergency electricity during blackouts or power cuts, further increasing your independence from energy companies.
- Effective solar storage helps you make the most of your renewable energy system.
- Good for the environment – using more clean, renewable energy reduces your home’s carbon emissions.
- All solar batteries installed by InstaGroup have a 5-year warranty.
Solar batteries can help you save more money on electricity, storing solar energy for use as and when you need it. Using the cheaper electricity your system has generated can reduce your electricity bills by up to 35%.
- Lithium-ion solar batteries are available in various capacities including 2kWh, 4kWH and 6kWh. Their upfront cost is more, as these batteries may last for 17–20 years. A good choice if you want a long-term solution for storing solar energy.
- Lead-acid solar batteries are available in 3kWh and 4kWh capacities. Their average lifespan is 5–7 years. These batteries cost less than Lithium-ion, but can be upgraded or replaced as needed.
- You will still be able to benefit from the government’s Feed-In Tariff.
- Offers protection against future increases in electricity prices.
- You could save a further 10% on electricity bills if the solar batteries are programmed to store off-peak energy.
- Battery prices are subject to your property’s needs and the type of battery required. Please ask for a no-obligation survey.