Solar energy – generate electricity for your home
Solar energy is a great idea if you like the idea of generating cheaper electricity for your home. Installing Solar PV panels reduces your household bills, makes you less reliant on the big energy companies — and can also earn you payments through the government Feed-In Tariff.
Save energy, earn payments
Savings and earnings through the solar energy generated by Solar PV panels can amount to up to £245 a year.
Renewable energy technology is improving all the time, and InstaGroup has stayed at the forefront of the best systems available. Our expert surveyors will know how to capture the maximum sunlight from a solar array, usually on the roof of your property.
Benefit from expert installation
A well-sited and professionally installed Solar PV system can pay for itself within 8-10 years, while giving you a reassuring level of protection against electricity price rises.
We install only high quality InstaGen Solar PV and MCS accredited panels which are virtually maintenance-free and come with a 12-year warranty.
InstaGroup offers solar energy installation in homes throughout Reading, Basingstoke, Bracknell and Oxford.
- Solar PV panels use sunlight to generate electricity. The PV cells of the panels are made from several layers of semi-conducting material, and when light shines onto the cells it generates an electrical field. The direct current (DC) produced by the panels flows through an inverter, converting the power to alternating current (AC). This current goes into the main fuse box of your home and gives you electricity for lights and household appliances.
- When you install Solar PV with InstaGroup we can help you apply to earn income through the government’s Feed-In Tariff. The Feed-In Tariff earns you payments for generating the cheaper electricity you use at home, plus any energy you don’t use goes back into the national grid, which also earns you payment.
- A professional Solar PV installation can save and earn you up to £245 a year.
- Our experts will survey your roof and nearby surroundings to make sure you get the most yield from your Solar PV panels. The system is usually installed on the roof of your property to capture the most sunlight.
- Solar PV is low maintenance, needing only an occasional clean to keep the solar panels working at their best.
- Electricity generation depends on sunlight, so bear in mind that Solar PV panels will go on ‘stand-by’ when it’s dark and your home’s power source will switch back to the national grid. However, if you add a solar battery to your system you can store any excess electricity and use it at night or when needed.
- Using solar energy lowers your household bills, and it won’t go up in price, become scarce or run out.
- Renewable energy is good for the environment – it reduces your home’s carbon emissions.
In addition to saving you money on your electricity bills, Solar PV can also earn you money through the government’s Feed-In Tariff scheme — we can help you apply for this when we install your system.
The scheme gives you payments for generating the cheaper electricity you use at home, plus any energy you don’t use goes back into the national grid, which also earns you payment. Altogether, Solar PV could save and earn you up to up to £245 a year.
- Save on electricity bills — you don’t need to rely so much on the big energy suppliers.
- Get paid through the Feed-In Tariff scheme for the electricity you generate and use at home.
- Get paid a higher rate through the Feed-In Tariff scheme for the electricity you generate but don’t use, as it’s exported back into the national grid.
- The cost of installing a Solar PV system will vary, depending on the size and the needs of your property.