Installing Loft insulation – the benefits
Installing Loft insulation is quick and cost-effective, and can instantly warm up your home while saving you energy.
Because warm air rises, as much as 25% of heating can be lost² directly through an uninsulated or poorly insulated roof. Installing Loft insulation adds a thermal blanket to your loft or attic, helping to lock all that warmth inside.
With Loft insulation you’ll feel the benefits of a warmer, cosier home right away, and you’ll also see your heating bills go down by up to £225 a year, depending on the size of your property.
If you already have Loft insulation it’s well worth checking it meets today’s recommended standards: existing insulation is often not deep enough to be fully effective. The current recommended minimum depth is 270mm, so if your loft or roof space was insulated before 2003 your home could probably benefit from a top up.
We’re leading Loft insulation installers for homes across Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire, so we’re experts at making sure installation is straightforward and trouble-free, with minimum disruption to you.
If you’re thinking of installing Loft insulation our no-obligation survey can tell you if you qualify for any funding or grants towards improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- Our expert, no-obligation survey gets you the best solution. We’ll take into account your needs for storage space or living space.
- We will accurately measure the loft dimensions, as well as measuring the depth of any existing loft insulation. We measure from the loft floor between the joists to the top of the insulation itself. This is something you can do yourself if you want to check your insulation is at the required minimum depth of 270mm.
- We’ll provide our recommendations, along with a clear, fixed quote for the work. We’ll also inform you of any grants or funding that may be available to you for Loft Insulation.
- Installed professionally, Loft Insulation should last for at least 40 years, and pay for itself many times over.
- All the insulation materials we use are BBA-Approved
Loft Insulation is a cost-effective solution to prevent up to 25% of heat being lost through the roof. It could soon pay for itself with the savings made on your heating bills.
Installing Loft Insulation could save you up to £225 a year on your energy bills, depending on the size of your property.
The cost of installing Loft Insulation will vary, but as an example:
- We survey a 3-bedroom semi-detached property with 50mm of existing insulation over its 50m2 roof space
- We recommend an insulation top up of 250mm, to take the insulation up to 300mm (just over the minimum depth)
- Cost is £300 (plus VAT)
Funding for Loft insulation is available for certain households
Under the government’s ECO (Energy Company Obligation) scheme some customers will qualify for fully-funded Loft insulation.
See our ECO page for more.
Book your no-obligation home energy assessment with us for expert advice on the latest grants and offers available.
Prices are subject to survey, loft area to be covered and access.close