Solid Wall insulation – the benefits
A house with ‘solid walls’ loses twice as much heat as one built with cavity walls1, so installing Solid Wall insulation (also called External Wall insulation) can dramatically reduce your heating bills. Our effective Solid Wall insulation system can save you between £120 to £425 every year2 on your heating bills.
InstaGroup’s no-obligation survey can find out how your home was built, but as a quick guide, if it is pre-1920s it is likely to be of solid wall construction. Our Solid Wall insulation is a professionally installed system of insulation boards fixed directly onto the walls, keeping in the warmth and making your home much cosier.
It’s usually installed externally, on the outside walls of your property, although it can also be installed internally if more appropriate. When it’s installed on the outside your property also benefits from a fresh clean look that gives it an attractive makeover.
We carry out installations for homes throughout Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire. All of our Solid Wall installations are backed by a 25-year guarantee.
Our Solid Wall insulation system is made up of rail frame, insulation board and weather-proof render. Installation takes place outside your property. It makes your home easier to keep warm in the winter, yet it stays pleasantly cooler in summer. You’ll find rooms are noticeably quieter too. We offer a variety of colours and finishes so you can choose how to improve the outside look of your property.
We can also install specialised Solid Wall insulation systems designed to be fixed to the inside walls of the property. This might be a preferred solution if your property is a listed building, or if it has an external façade that you want to keep original. We offer an effective hybrid solution that uses external wall insulation on the rear and side elevations and internal insulation at the front. This gives you all the benefits of Solid Wall insulation, yet still retains the property’s unique character.
- External Solid Wall insulation is a system of specially designed insulation panels that are attached to the outside walls with a rail framework and then weather-proofed with your choice of render colour and finish. The walls are insulated from outside temperatures, and the exterior of your home gets a facelift.
- Internal Solid Wall insulation is the fixing of specialised panels onto the inside walls of the home. It can be a preferred solution when the property is a listed building, or has an external façade that you want to keep original.
- Our expert no-obligation survey will find the best solutions for your property. From All-Weather solutions to minimising ‘cold bridging’ (a gap in the insulation at a window sill or a joist end, for example, that can create issues) our professionals will ensure installation is effective.
- We’ll provide recommended solutions, along with an estimated timescale for the installation and a clear, fixed quote for the work.
- We’ll inform you of any grants or funding that may be available to you for Solid Wall insulation.
- If you decide to go ahead with the work, we’ll book in a suitable date for the installation and keep you informed of the scheduled work.
- All of InstaGroup’s Solid Wall insulation products are BBA-approved, and are backed by a 25-year guarantee.
Our Solid Wall solutions can reduce your heating bills substantially, from between £120 to £425 every year, depending on the size and type of home.
- The cost of installing Solid Wall insulation will obviously vary. But as an example, the typical cost of external wall insulation for a 3-bedroom semi-detached property could start at £6,000 excluding VAT3.
- We offer attractive discounts when you buy our energy efficiency improvements as a package, e.g. ordering replacement double-glazed doors or windows to go with a Solid Wall installation.
- Ask us about current grants and finance.