Installing Solid Wall insulation – the benefits
Installing Solid Wall insulation (also called External Wall insulation) can transform the look of your home while also dramatically reducing heating bills.
A home with ‘solid walls’ loses twice as much heat as one built with cavity walls1, so installing Solid Wall insulation can make a huge difference to home comfort and energy efficiency. As well as keeping in the warmth, InstaGroup’s highly effective system can save you between £120 to £425 every year2 on heating bills.
If you’re not sure how or when your home was constructed, we can find out at your no-obligation home assessment. As a quick guide, if your home was built pre-1920s it’s likely to be of solid wall construction.
Installing Solid Wall insulation gives a property a complete facelift. Your home becomes more warm and welcoming on the inside, and benefits from a fresh and attractive makeover on the outside too.
Installation is professionally planned and takes place outside your property. Our Solid Wall insulation is a system made up of rail frame, insulation boards and weather-proof render. We offer a variety of colours and finishes, so you can choose how to improve or add to the outside look and character of your property.
Installing Solid Wall insulation makes your home easier to keep warm in the winter, and keeps it pleasantly cooler in summer. You’ll find rooms are noticeably quieter too.
Solid Wall insulation is usually installed on the outside walls of a property, although it can also be installed on internal walls if appropriate. For example, this might be a preferred solution if your property is a listed building, or if it has an external façade that you want to keep original.
If needed, we can offer specialised Solid Wall insulation systems designed to be fixed to the inside walls of the property. We can also offer an effective hybrid solution that uses external wall insulation on the rear and side elevations, and internal insulation at the front. This gives you all the benefits of installing Solid Wall insulation, yet still retains the property’s unique character.
Insulation installers you can trust
We’re leading Solid Wall insulation installers for homes across Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire and Oxfordshire. We make sure installation is efficient and professional, and we work to keep disruption to a minimum. All of our Solid Wall installations are backed by a 25-year guarantee.
- External Solid Wall insulation is a system of specially designed insulation panels that are attached to the outside walls with a rail framework and then weather-proofed with your choice of render colour and finish. The walls are insulated from outside temperatures, and the exterior of your home gets a facelift.
- Internal Solid Wall insulation is the fixing of specialised panels onto the inside walls of the home. It can be a preferred solution when the property is a listed building, or has an external façade that you want to keep original.
- Our expert no-obligation survey will find the best solutions for your property. From All-Weather solutions to minimising ‘cold bridging’ (a gap in the insulation at a window sill or a joist end, for example, that can create issues) our professionals will ensure installation is effective.
- We’ll provide recommended solutions, along with an estimated timescale for the installation and a clear, fixed quote for the work.
- We’ll inform you of any grants or funding that may be available to you for Solid Wall insulation.
- If you decide to go ahead with the work, we’ll book in a suitable date for the installation and keep you informed of the scheduled work.
- All of InstaGroup’s Solid Wall insulation products are BBA-approved, and are backed by a 25-year guarantee.
Our Solid Wall solutions can reduce your heating bills substantially, from between £120 to £425 every year, depending on the size and type of home.
- The cost of installing Solid Wall insulation will obviously vary. But as an example, the typical cost of external wall insulation for a 3-bedroom semi-detached property could start at £6,000 excluding VAT3.
- We offer attractive discounts when you buy our energy efficiency improvements as a package, e.g. ordering replacement double-glazed doors or windows to go with a Solid Wall installation.
- Ask us about current grants and finance.